YOUR STORY IS POWERFUL.
TELL US ABOUT IT.
The Power of Our Stories is an ambitious oral history project designed to collect and archive the Commonwealth’s transportation stories. The Museum will use your stories and memories to design new exhibits and educational programs.
You have a story.
The Commonwealth’s transportation stories are your stories. This is your chance to mark your place in history. Your story will give people a glimpse into Virginia life throughout the years.
We want to hear from you if:
- You worked on the railroad in any capacity.
- You were involved with aviation in the Commonwealth. Did you help build one of our airports? Did you pilot a plane over our mountains?
- You collect or restore cars, truck or buses. You fix cars, trucks or buses. You helped to build the auto industry in Virginia.
- You drove a bus from town-to-town, reuniting people and places.
- You were a mail carrier, either by foot, rail, road or air.
- You delivered goods all over Virginia from far away places. Or you trucked goods from Virginia to other parts of the country.
Road. Rail. Air.
Tell us about it.
If you have a story or a memory to share, please call the Museum. We’ll book a time for you to come in and talk with a member of our staff. We will record your story on video or audio or both.
If you have photographs or items you’d like to donate, loan or show us, please let us know.
Call the Virginia Museum of Transportation at 540-342-5670 or email us and ask for one of our historians.
The Power of Our Stories is made possible by the Raymond C. and Anna T. Johnson Foundation and the Roanoke Public Library Foundation.