Military Appreciation Day
November 9 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
November 9th, 2019 12:00 am –4:00 pm
Join with us in this year’s
Military Appreciation Day as we celebrate our Veterans and Active Duty Military.
- Weekend events include: Free admission for Veterans – Active & Retired military.
- Zoo animals from Mill Mountain Zoo
- Cactus Joe: For smaller train fans, ride the children’s train.
- Model Trains: Enjoy the many exciting exhibits of the museum and the opportunity to visit with the Roanoke Model Engineers Train Club and their O, HO, and N multiple layouts on our lower floor. Open only at holiday and special events for all to see.
- Display of military vehicles.
- Scavenger hunt, face painting, games, crafts and activities for kids.
- Food truck and more…
JOIN US for dedication of “Rolling Thunder.” (2:00 PM in front of the Museum)
This year will be an exceptional opportunity to join us as we will accept a donation from Volvo Trucks North America, of “Rolling Thunder — Ride For Freedom” Mack Vision tractor that was produced in tribute to this country’s veterans to participate in the annual Ride for Freedom event that has been held in Washington DC on Memorial Day weekend for the last 32 years honoring American military personnel killed or missing in action. The Mack Vision will now be a featured landmark at the Museum, proudly parked near the front entrance. “Rolling Thunder” will join with other community entries in the Roanoke Veterans Parade the morning of November 9th, then followed by a 2:00 PM dedication and formal acceptance at the museum.