Holiday Teacher Open House
Monday, December 30, 10 am to 2 pm
Explore our galleries, meet our educators, and learn how field trips engage your students and support your teaching and SOL achievement! Free admission for educators and their children. All public, private, and home school educators welcome! Educators must show school ID for free admission. Home school educators should register in advance by emailing Courtney Plaster. Children college age and under admitted free.
There's so much to learn at the Virginia Museum of Transportation! Whether you come with a school group or other group, we can customize a visit that meets your learners' needs. Our programs are fun, hands-on, interdisciplinary experiences. Costs vary depending on the activities you select for your group. We offer:
- Engaging, SOL-aligned field trips for school groups
- Programs customized to meet your classroom and student needs
- Programs for special needs populations
- Programs for Pre-K through adult
- Programs designed for your specific home school group
- Programs designed for your pre-school group
- Girl Scout and Boy Scout programs
- Summer camps
- Passport Program for family fun anytime you visit
To discuss ways we can help you, or to schedule a visit, please email Courtney Carter Plaster, Education Coordinator or call 540-342-5670 ext. 108.
The Virginia Museum of Transportation's Education Program is funded in part by the Roanoke City Arts Commission.