There’s so much to learn at the Virginia Museum of Transportation and we’re eager to have you visit! Whether you come with a school group or other group, we can customize a visit that meets your learners’ needs. Our programs are fun, hands-on, interdisciplinary experiences. Costs vary depending on the activities you select for your group. We offer:
- Engaging, SOL-aligned field trips for school groups
- Programs customized to meet your classroom and student needs
- Programs for special needs populations
- Programs for Pre-K through adult
- Programs designed for your specific home school group
- Programs designed for your pre-school group
- Girl Scout and Boy Scout programs
To discuss ways we can help you, or to schedule a visit, please email Courtney Carter Plaster, Education Coordinator or call 540-342-5670 ext. 108.
Andrew’s Fund for Children
This fund is in memory of young Andrew Hayes McKeever who loved trains and the VMT. Contributions to Andrew’s Fund provide free or discounted admission to nonprofit groups serving low-income children. Learn more about Andrew and the Fund, and donate…
The Virginia Museum of Transportation’s Education Program is funded in part by the Roanoke City Arts Commission.