Not currently on display
- Manufacturer: Mercedes-Benz, 1976.
- Beginning in 1972, Mercedes-Benz issued a series of revamped SL models. Compared to most convertibles, the cars offered a relatively high level of safety, and the interiors were comfortable, yet durable.
- “The 450 SL’s body/chassis/driveline combination is among the most solid built, with the sort of quality on which the German automobile’s reputation for near perfection is founded.” Road & Track Magazine: Sports & GT Cars
- Cost: $10,500
The Museum’s display was donated in memory of Charles Lewis Cash.
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Horsepower: 180
- Torque: 220 foot lbs.
- 4.5 liter V-8, Automatic transmission
- Power steering, air conditioning, cruise control
- Horse hair padding in seats