- Manufacturer: Chrysler Motors
- In the decade following the end of World War II, Chrysler consistently produced technically impressive cars with rather unimpressive exteriors. In the mid-1950s, however, the automaker began to introduce a number of models with “Forward Look” styling.
- Chrysler’s DeSoto division embodied the transition from stodgy to bold. The Fireflite’s lengthy fins and triple-stacked tail lamps clearly announced that a new era of automotive design had begun.
- Base price: $3,500
- 126,000 were sold
- Well known for its “fins”
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Horsepower: 295
- Torque: 390 foot lbs.
- Transmission: push button 3 speed TorqueFlite
- Hemi head V-8 with 295 horsepower
- Push button transmission selector
On loan from the Sowder Family Revocable Trust