- Manufacturer: Studebaker
- The President was the premier automobile manufactured by Studebaker during the 1927-1942 model years. The name was reintroduced in 1955 and used until the end of 1958.
- 1955 was the only year the President “Speedster” model was produced. A total of 2,215 were manufactured.
- It was the forerunner of the famous Studebaker Hawk series.
- Designed by Raymond Loewy
The Museum exhibit was owned and driven by Judge Beverly T. Fitzpatrick of Roanoke Virginia, father of the museum’s director, Bev Fitzpatrick.
- Number of cylinders: 8 OHV V-8
- Horsepower: 185
- Cubic inches:259
- Carburetor: Carter WCFB 4- barrel
- Special 2 tone paint, leather upholstery, wire wheel covers, power steering, power brakes
- The dash featured a 160 mph speedometer and an 8,000 rpm tachometer