Skip to content
- Manufacturer: H. K. Porter Company
- Production era: 1943
- Had all of the functions of a steam engine but used an external steam source. When the pressure got low, it went back to the source for more steam
- Fireless engines were designed to work around industries where sparks or flames created potential fire hazards
- Built for a Celanese corporation plant in Celco, VA (near Narrows)
- Last used in 1966
- Length: 22 ft
- Height: 12 ft
- Weight: 70,000 lbs.
- Wheel configuration: 0-4-0
- Boiler pressure :150 psi
- Tractive effort: 12,700 lbs
- Cylinder, bore and stroke: 20 x 18 in.
- Driving wheels: 34 in