1950

Airport beacon light

Description

The rotating beacon light was located on top of the old Roanoke Regional Airport terminal from circa 1950 until the new tower was built in 2005. Civilian airport beacons have two lights—a green light and a white light—which tells pilots what type of airport they are approaching.

Beacon donated by the Roanoke Regional Airport Commission